Voting / Elections
In addition to general communication tips, election officers and staff should:
- Ensure that all voting stations are accessible.
- Provide information about the accessibility accommodations offered at voting stations.
- Provide support that an individual might need to read and mark the ballot.
- Allow the individual to use their preferred method of marking a ballot such as their own device, communication board or their authorized assistant.
- Provide option to use internet based voting.
Please note that many people who use assistive technology prefer to use their own assistive devices and due to the need for customization, do not expect the voting station to duplicate their systems.
Runtime: 1.10 min.
Focus: Colin Phillips on communication access when voting