Emergency Medical Service (EMS)
Runtime: 1 min.
Focus: Colin Phillips on communicating with EMS.
(Having trouble viewing this video? Click Here to open it in a new window)
Runtime: 1:27 mins
Focus: Steven Wells on communicating with EMS.
In addition to general communication barriers, we may experience unique communication barriers when using emergency services. These include responders not:
- understanding what we are communicating or how we use our communication boards
- knowing if we understand their questions
- knowing how to ask us for our consent to treatment
- having the time to problem solve about how we communicate
- giving us a way to communicate critical information in a fast and effective way
- giving us a way to call 911 or access EMS
Resources for EMS Responders