Meetings and Public Forums
Things to consider:
- Request the agenda ahead of time
- Arrange for a communication assistant, if you require one.
- Contact the organizer and request a communication assistant if you do not have someone who can assist you. Suggest they search the communication assistance for someone who has experience supporting people in the communication method you use.
- Ask the organizer to negotiate payment with and for the communication assistant.
- Prepare your messages ahead of time in your device
- Negotiating with the chair of the meeting, how you will communicate your messages and if you may want people to stop talking and to wait for you to construct your message.
- Make sure the chair of the meeting, know how you will signal that you have something to say.
- If appropriate, tell the chair of the meeting how you will vote.