Make a Communication Access Card
A communication access card is a card that tells people what to do when communicating with you.
It is a good idea to:
- Keep your instructions short and simple.
- Focus on telling people what you want them to do when communicating with you.
- Keep it real. A waiter in a restaurant may need how to how to communicate with you when taking your order but does not need to know your instructions on how to communicate with you over the telephone or in an emergency.
- Have different cards for different situations. For example, a card for shopping, eating out, going to the cinema card will be different from a card for emergencies or a hospital stay.
- Things to consider when making your Communication access card. This card tells people how to make their services communication accessible to you.
- You can type or write in your instructions on this card. Then you can print it and laminate it. Keep it in a place that you can easily show it to people.
- This is a sample of a communication access card for shopping.
- This is a sample of a communication access card for use in a hospital.