Communication is the Foundation for exercising Legal Capacity
Communication in Decision-Making
- Communication is a two-way process in which information is given and received between two or more people.
- Involves understanding information, retaining information long enough to make a decision, identifying options, weighing up consequences, problem solving, and expressing opinions, questions, concerns, preferences and decisions.
- Messages can be conveyed using multiple communication methods.
- Messages can be communicated independently or with with assistance.
- Communication assistance is authentic when the message is generated, directed or approved by the communicator.
< Return to Lesson Details