Assisting a person to make a decision is a communication Process
Dependent on the context and decision to be made, communication accommodations may include one or more areas of:
- Communication Strategies
- What communication partners can do to facilitate successful communication
- Communication Tools
- objects, pictures, written words and devices that people can use to make and communicate decisions.
- Informal and formal Communication Assistance
- Informal communication assistance from a person who knows the individual well and who has been authorized to assist them with communication.
- Formal communication assistance from a qualified Speech-Language Pathologist in critical communication situations.
< Return to Lesson Details