Support people with communication disabilities
People with communication disabilities and their families can be the greatest agents of change in improving how businesses and services communicate with them.
You can support them to:
- know about their accessibility rights
- define their communication access requirements in different situations
- make a communication access card which tells people about their specific communication access needs in different settings
- understand their responsibilities in negotiating accessibility
- learn to communicate their accessibility needs within different settings
- know what to do if their rights are ignored
The toolkit for people with communication disabilities contains resources on the above topics.