Communication Access Now (CAN) is a national campaign to promote accessibility for people who have speech and language disabilities.
People who have speech and language disabilities can have major barriers accessing services because some people:
- may be afraid to talk to them
- think they are hard of hearing
- underestimate their abilities
- do not know how to communicate with them
- do not know simple things to do to provide access to their services
CAN provides information, education and resources about communication access for:
- Government, accessibility legislators and policy makers
- Businesses, organizations and community services
- People who have speech and language disabilities and their families
- Communication and disability services
CAN’s goal is to improve accessibility to goods, services and opportunities for all people who have speech and language disabilities.