Decrease Font SizeIncrease Font Size

Getting help

You are the best person to decide what to do and who to tell. There are many different people and organizations that can help you.
Before you tell anyone, you should know that the law says the some people must report abuse that they know about.
It may help to tell

  • someone you trust
  • a counsellor, doctor, speech language pathologist, social worker
  • a lawyer
  • a police officer
  • someone in a disability organization
  • the employer of the person who is abusing you

If you can use the telephone or have private access to email, you may want to contact

  • Victim Support Line
  • Women’s shelter
  • Legal aid clinic