How to use the Database
- Insert postal code of your location
- Select Communication Assistant for everyday non-critical events
- Select Communication Intermediary if it is a police, legal or justice situation
- Select: Search Results
Step 2: Find an assistant or intermediary in the area who:
- Has experience in the person’s disability (e.g. aphasia, cerebral palsy, cognitive disability)
- Has experience in the person’s communication method if they use augmentative communication (e.g. picture, symbol board or communication device)
- Speaks the language of the person (english, french)
- Check out the assistant’s bio if they have one
- Enter your name and email.
- Hit Send Message.
- An automated message goes to the assistant.
- The assistant or intermediary should contact you in 1-2 days.