A CDAC course by and for people who have communication disabilities
Many of us who have communication disabilities rely on someone to assist us communicating at meetings or at appointments with people who don’t know how we communicate or who don’t give us the time or opportunity to communicate our messages.
This course is about ways to work with people who help us communicate. The course instructors are people who have communication disabilities. We will share tips on where we find assistants, how we interview, train and work with communication assistants.
You can register for the course if you:
- have a communication disability (not caused primarily by hearing loss)
- may want a person to assist you communicating in certain situations
- are over 16 years of age
- have established ways to communicate (e.g. unclear speech, picture, symbol or letter board or device)
- Are a family member, clinician or staff person supporting individual(s) with communication disabilities to take the course
The course is:
- Online (on the computer)
- Available between June 4, 2018 – July 27, 2018
- You need to register before: May 25 , 2018
Registration deadline: May 25, 2018. Register early as spaces are limited.
Click Here to Register and to find more information about the course.
CDAC acknowledges a funding contribution from the Government of Canada’s Social Development Partnerships Program – Disability Component. This project is a component of Making Public Forums Accessible for People with Communication Disabilities.