This is a 16-month accredited, comprehensive, training program for people who work in organizations that support people with developmental disabilities. It is based on defined standards of communication support practice.
CDAC supports the organization by:
- Establishing a team of 6-8 staff to provide communication supports
- Training the communication team on a range of topics relating to communication support
- Consulting to the team on implementation of communication supports for people with different communication profiles.
- Providing a range of communication tools and resources
- Providing workshops for all staff on ways to interact with people who have communication challenges
For more information: View brochure